I find the act of painting, drawing or creating in any medium to be an intuitive process. Inspiration can occur from a variety of sources, from the simple and mundane to the transcendent and powerful. Often times the completed work is far different from the original idea, as natural associations in the act of creation allow for unexpected concepts and surprising representations to emerge. If I had to describe my work in two words it is, imaginative realism.
Born in Surrey England, Jillian grew up in Northern Virgina. Earning a degree in Art History and later a Masters in Fine Arts education she taught elementary school for 14 years whilst raising 3 children of her own in Chatham, New Jersey.
Having summered and continuing to summer with her husband and children on the coast of Maine Jillian retired in 2006 from teaching to pursue work as an artist full time.
Jillian’s work can currently be seen at:
- – Center Street Gallery, Bath ME
- – East Village Gallery, West Point,Phippsburg, ME
- – 2007 – 2011 – Chocolate Church Arts Center, Bath
- – 2008 – 2009 – The Small Point Club, Phippsburg
- – 2009 – Topsham Art Show, Topsham
- – 2009 – Brunswick Art Walk, Brunswick
- – 2009 – Pastel Painters of Maine, Carver Hill Art Gallery, Rockport
- – 2009 – 2013 – River Arts Gallery, Damariscotta
- – 2012 – Spring Invitational, Roy Farmer Real Estate, Bath
- – 2012 – Art Collectors Maine, Colony Hotel, Kennebunkport
- – 2012 – 2013 – Maine Home and Design Show, Rockport
- – 2013 – present – Center Street Art Gallery, Bath